If you want to be a turkey hunting rock star, mastering the elusive diaphragm mouth call is part of the program! These best turkey mouth calls will help get you pointed in the right direction fast!
It’s a really wise move to go with the best diaphragm turkey call you can afford if you plan to use these highly effective types of calls.
Learning to use a single or double reed style mouth-call effectively is not easy, and the last thing you want is a poorly made call making things even more difficult for you.
The good news is that once you master the mouth call, you’ll be able to fool even the wariest of gobblers!
FACT: Mouth diaphragm turkey calls are some of the most effective and realistic sounding calls for bringing gobblers into bow or gun range.
The raspiness and sharp cuts and clucks one can achieve when using a mouth-style turkey call is truly unmatched. Mastering these types of calls can hand you a huge advantage out in the field.
Plus you’ll be able to call with your hands-free. This can be a huge advantage when it’s crunch time and that big gobbler is moving into range. You can aim your weapon while calling hands free to bring him in fast and furious!
Editor Picks: Best Turkey Mouth Calls & Diaphragm Calls
The WoodHaven Ninja Hammer diaphragm calls designed with a brand new cut that offers a unique turkey sound. This mouth call combines two of the most popular reed materials in one package.
It has one slightly softer wedge reed on top of 2 regular prophylactic reeds. It produces a variety of tones, from cutting yelps to soft clucks to high-pitched kee kees. It has a rigid tip with a softer mid-section.
The hammer prophesied reed matches the yelps of a big gobbler perfectly. It provides a smooth, raspy, and very easy-to-use vibration that a turkey will immediately call back. It is designed for long-lasting life and superior sound qualities.
This reed is easy to blow, fills the woods nicely, and maintains a full body throughout the yelp. It comes with a lanyard or an EZ Carry padded case. This call is perfect for both veterans and rookies.
- This mouth call has dimensions of 11.5 x 7.75 x 2.5 inches;0.25 ounces.
- It produces hard crisp cutts, yelps, and whistling.
- It gives raspy yelps and high-pitched kee kees.
- This 3-reed call has one slightly softer wedge reed on top of 2 regular prophylactic reeds.
- This call is perfect for both veterans and rookies.
- It is a user-friendly turkey call and produced unique and versatile turkey sound
Hook Hunter Long features a newly designed longer front hook to help deliver a raspy yelp. It has a longer length that produces louder frequencies over a greater distance. The uppercut in the design helps deliver sound out in front of the hunter.
This one-reed mouth call is designed to throw a traditional, realistic hen yelp, with a bit of rasp at the end. It produces a soft sound, penetrating yelp that is used for flushing young birds from the field.
It is made with precision-cut premium gauge reed for realistic turkey sound. This mouth call is tuned to irresistible wild turkey sounds that attract gobbler from miles away.
It is engineered for those who prefer a higher-pitched sound and quick responsive sounds. This mouth call is easy to use and will allow you to nail that hard-to-get bird.
With its longer length, the Hook Hunter long produces louder frequencies over a greater distance
- This mouth call has dimensions of 6 x 3 x 1 inch;0.96 ounces.
- It features real and Unique pitches.
- This mouth call is hand-made with precision-cut.
- It has a premium gauge reed for realistic turkey sound.
- Its uppercut design produces an authentic aggressive yelp sound with low to high head tones.
- It is easy to use.
The Strut Commander Gob Father series has spiked the interest of many turkey hunters. It produces realistic hen cuts, purrs, and yelps with a feather reed or single-layer solid brass reeds.
This mouth call produces yelps, clucks, purrs, and multiple calls all at once through the Strut Commander’s Triple Tube Technology.
It is made from very durable polycarbonate latex. It has three different reeds to produce soft or loud sounds and a bat-wing cut to create a full range of raps.
This versatile mouth call is used for gobblers, yelpers, squirrel, crow, or pigeon distress call. This turkey mouth call weighs less than an ounce and produces realistic turkey sounds.
- This mouth call has dimensions of 7.75 x 1 x 3.75 inches; 1.12 Ounces.
- It has three reeds with bat-wing cut have a great range from soft to loud, clean to raspy
- A great range from mild to loud, clean to raspy hen cuts, clucks, and purrs.
- It is made from very durable polycarbonate latex.
- It makes a yelping sound using blown air into the mouthpiece, then a break in the sound if you drop your jaw.
- This turkey mouth call is made in the U.S.A.
Zink Calls has created a trio of mouth call includes two true and tested Zink Pro model reed is designed by three of the most well-known outdoor personalities in the industry.
All the calls are diaphragm style and perfectly tuned for maximum volume and range. It Contains a Josh Grossenbacher, Matt Morrett, and Hunter Wallis Signature Series call.
The Hunter Wallis Signature Series includes three calls: two open reed and one solid. It has a triple reed with a W-cut style call that makes easy hard reed transitions. The one solid reed call is the set’s high pitch and features a center notch for easier transitions from clear to raspy notes.
The third call is also a W-cut style but covers the low end of the pitch range. It has two thin reeds and one thick middle reed. Josh Grossenbacher has made a quality call for years to help you hunt more turkeys.
The Josh Grossenbacher Signature Series is a triple-reed. A call-in style of V-series framed in thin red tap with all reeds stretched to a tighter tension.
Its unique V-notched top reed and short-notched under-reed allow for tones ranging from raspy to clear, while the heavier latex gives the option of incredible volume and distance. The Matt Morrett Signature Series call is designed for the pro hunter but will work great for every type of waterfowl hunter.
This triple reed signature series call has a great rasp and top end. It is made with two prophylactic reeds and one light latex top reed with a “snake tongue”cut. This combo allows you to get your high-pitched calls in the morning and crisp raspy calls later in the day.
- This mouth call has dimensions of 12 x 9 x 5 inches; 3.2 Ounces.
- It includes three mouth calls Signature Series; the Hunter Wallis Signature Series, the Josh Grossenbacher Signature Series, and the Matt Morrett Signature Series.
- All the calls are diaphragm style and perfectly tuned for maximum volume and range.
- The Hunter Wallis Signature Series has a W-cut style call that makes easy hard reed transitions
- The Josh Grossenbacher Signature Series has a V-cut style call that allows for tones ranging from raspy to clear, while the heavier latex gives the option of incredible volume and distance.
- The Matt Morrett Signature Series call is made with two prophylactic reeds and one light latex top reed with “snake tongue”cut to get your high pitched calls
The Quaker Boy Old Boss Hen call has a medium thickness of two reeds produces a high pitch raspy yelp that drives toms crazy. The reeds are split on both ends to reproduce all turkey talk.
It gives a perfect tone. It has an adjustable brass screw that allows you to make adjustments to your personal preference effectively. Place one end of the reed near lips and suck/blow into the mouthpiece to produce soft-to-loud gobbles, cutts, and purrs.
Use both tongues together for an old hen sound, or with only one tongue for a loud hen cluck. It has a weather-resistant synthetic cover.
This cover is constructed of a highly dense, durable polyurethane foam that provides long life and consistent tone.
Each call has a precisely matched reed thickness and tension, allowing you to specify the feel and tone quality.
- This mouth call has dimensions of 9.14 x 8.64 x 0.51 centimeters.
- It has a precisely matched reed thickness and tension, allowing you to specify the feel and tone quality.
- It is constructed of a highly dense, durable polyurethane foam that provides long life and consistent tone.
- Its two reed design features a high pitch raspy yelp.
- It is a simple, easy-to-use mouth turkey call.
- It available in a pack of 3.
The Woodhaven Scott Ellis Turkey Call features a unique three reed design that offers more sound options and easier play than two-reed calls.
This 3-reed style with a Vyper cut turkey call has a sharp, high-strung cut that uses the same latex for top and bottom reeds. It is easy to play with and will be easy to carry in your pocket as you walk in the woods.
This hand-tuned mouth call features solid wood construction and an exceptionally precise cut to produce the best-sounding yelps, cutts, clucks, purrs, and cackles at a price that won’t break the bank.
This mouth call is designed specifically for turkey hunting. It available in both box and push-button models. The Scott Ellis Turkey Call Turkey Call is a great addition to your turkey hunt vest.
It is absolutely perfect for novice or intermediate turkey hunters.
- This mouth call has dimensions of 4.61 x 2.8 x 0.87 inches; 0.63 Ounces.
- It is the signature call of 7x Florida State Champion and 2x Grand National Champion Scott Ellis.
- Its 3-reed design features a Vyper cut.
- It offers calls with a sharp bite and super raspy sound on the yelps that are so responsive.
- This mouth call is easy to use and produces great turkey sounds.
- This turkey mouth call is made in the U.S.A.
The Hook Hunter Turkey Mouth call produces an incredible volume and extraordinarily lifelike sounds that are bound to bring in that gobbler from across the field.
This custom curved hook allows for a precise, natural placement on the turkey’s beak. Its CrewCut design effortlessly mimics a range of vocalizations, including hen squawk, gobbler yelp, purr, and cluck.
This mouth call is constructed of soft polymer material with two latex reeds. It is built with the most advanced premium gauge reeds and precision hand-cut notches to produce incredibly real, unique pitches.
ThePrimos Hook Hunter Calls have the longest throwing distance of any call in their class. It features exclusive LockDown Technology, which ensures that you can depend on your turkey call to perform when it counts.
This call delivers high and low tones that bring in wise old toms that can’t pass up your calls. It is a perfect combination of durability and sound for any turkey hunter.
This mouth call is made in the U.S.A.
- This mouth call has dimensions of 6 x 3 x 1 inch; 0.35 Ounces.
- It features real and Unique pitches.
- This mouth call is hand made with precision-cut.
- It has premium gauge reed for realistic turkey sound.
- This mouth call is constructed of soft polymer material with two latex reeds
- Its crew-cut design produces an authentic aggressive yelp sound with low to high head tones.
- It is easy to use.
The E.S.H mouth turkey calls are three reed caller set. This set includes the Tru-hype is(two-tone call with a spade and inverted cut), the React ( two-tone call with one high and one low tone), and the Long Spur (an inverted bat-wing cut )real in-depth gobble call with a more melancholy tone/higher pitch to get the big boys close enough to where your gun can reach them.
It allows making full power yelps and cuts with little effort and less air. These mouth calls are made from premium gauge latex so turkey hunters can go in search of gobblers. These perfect diaphragm mouth calls produce kee-kees and clucks in either the spring or fall season.
These mouth calls are made with a combination of the highest quality reeds, expertly tuned, and come in a box, ready to use.
Their sounds will be heard from miles away with excellent volume. These mouth turkey calls make deep rich, seductive hen sounds. All E.S.H turkey calls are made of high-impact polymer or hardwood.
These mouth calls are hand-tuned to precision, easy to use, with pinpoint accuracy. These turkey mouth calls are 100% waterproof. It includes a free instructional DVD.
- This set is consist of the three most popular turkey mouth calls; Tru-Hype (3 Reed Inverted Bat-wing), React (3 Reed inverted Combo Cut ), and Long Spur( 3 Reed Inverted Bat-wing)
- Foolproof mouth calls are designed with the user’s mouth in mind
- It stops air leaks at the corners of your mouth, thanks to high-tech innovation called SealTech.
- These are made from premium gauge latex
- These mouths have a premium gauge three reed design that allows you to blow with less air.
- These mouth call produces a professional sound that needs just air and expertise
- These mouth turkey calls make deep rich, seductive hen sounds
- All of the reeds are hand-tuned to precision, easy to use, with pinpoint accuracy.
- These turkey mouth calls are 100% waterproof
- It includes a free instructional DVD.
The FOXPRO Ghost Spur Combo Pack Mouth Calls feature three complete mouth call sets (1 each goose, crow, and turkey). This set includes a straight, indirect, and reed call.
These callers give a variety of options to master the different types of sounds needed in various scenarios.
This combo pack comes with latex and nylon spurs. It includes two of the best-selling mouth calls in the series (one each of the crooked spur and the ghost cuts) for ultimate versatility in most hunting situations.
Each mouth caller comes with a latex diaphragm, an adjustable reed, and a prophylactic diaphragm to create a wide range of realistic sounds to bring birds in close.
These calls offer a wide range of tone, pitch, and realism and are easy to use. These are designed with all the user-friendly features.
Each mouth call is individually hand-stretched, and hand-made to ensure a perfect call every time. The Ghost Spur Combo Pack Mouth Call is proudly made in the U.S.A.
- These mouth calls have dimensions of 6.42 x 5.51 x 1.02 inches; 1.06 Ounces
- This Combo Pack features three call set that includes a straight, indirect, and reed call.
- These mouth callers feature a latex diaphragm, an adjustable reed, and a prophylactic diaphragm to create a wide range of realistic sounds to bring birds in close.
- These callers are user-friendly and easy to operate.
- These mouth callers are hand-stretched and hand-crafted in the U.S.A.
The Pittman Black Diamond is high pitch diaphragm mouth call. It is made from a unique green rubber that creates the perfect tone.
This call features four ultra-thin reeds, a diamond-cut barrel for greater sensitivity, and unique green rubber that produces that old hen sound you have been striving for.
This call is combined with four ultra-thin reeds tuned to perfection. This turkey call is simple to use and produces great results.
It comes with Preston Pittman’s signature on the end of the diaphragm. The combination of the black rubber and Preston’s unique green rubber gives an unbelievably sharp, loud, clear-cutting sound.
- This mouth call has dimensions of 7.75 x 4 x 1 inch; 1.12 Ounces.
- It is made from a unique green rubber that gives an unbelievably sharp, loud, clear-cutting sound.
- This call is combined with four ultra-thin reeds that are tuned to perfection.
- This call features four ultra-thin reeds and a diamond-cut barrel for greater sensitivity.
- It gives an unbelievably sharp, loud, clear-cutting sound.
If you plan to bust out a mouth call this year, remember to first arm yourself with the best diaphragm turkey call you can afford and practice, practice, practice!
You don’t want to sound like a wounded rabbit when out turkey hunting! Diaphragm-style turkey calls require some real finesse. It’s almost like learning how to play a musical instrument like a clarinet or trumpet.
It’s much more than just blowing air out of the hole in your face! You need to be able to force small blasts of air over the reed and make it squawk, cluck, and purr like a real turkey.
Once mastered, you will be unstoppable! The raspy tones and incredible variations of sounds achieved from turkey diaphragm mouth calls is simply unmatched.
Plus you’ll be able to call hands free which gives you a huge advantage. You’ll be able to hunt with much less movement and you can call as you squeeze the trigger and punch the tag on that big old gobbler!