The list of the best crossbows for $700 isn’t very long, but it has some very solid picks for crossbow hunters looking for accurate and dependable models with proven designs.
Most reviews pin $700 crossbows as being solid hunting choices with most models capable of excellent speed and accuracy out to and beyond the 50-yard mark.
Best Crossbows Under $700: What To Look For
The best crossbows under $700 will have solid safety features and a compact design, preferably incorporating an adjustable stock to accommodate different arm lengths and shooting styles.
Crossbows in this price range should ship standard with fairly decent optics as well.
Crossbow hunting is similar to rifle hunting in that most of the action takes place at dusk or dawn when the large game animals like deer and elk are most active.
Having optics capable of working well in these crucial low light conditions is always helpful, especially if you intend to take shots out beyond 50 yards.
The good news is if you are unhappy with the optics that ship standard on a particular crossbow model, you can always purchase a better quality crossbow scope and use it instead. Many aftermarket crossbow scopes are adjustable for different FPS and can be used on a wide variety of hunting crossbows.
The best crossbows under $700 listed below all have fairly decent optics but nothing earth-shattering.
The Best Crossbows Under $700 (In No Particular Order):
The Killer Instinct Furious Pro 9.5 400 FPS Crossbow is a lightweight, accurate and deadly hunting weapon featuring the best-in-class power to weight ratio. Its ultra-narrow frame cocks down to a low-profile, 9.5-inches wide for improved maneuverability and quicker target acquisition helps you bring down the game animals at any distance while unleashing a devastating 400 FPS velocity from the massive power-loaded frame.
- Ultra-narrow frame
- 32.5″-35″ long and 9.5″ (Cocked), 14.125″ (Uncocked) wide
- A 7 lbs. crossbow having a draw weight of 185 lbs
- Shoots arrows at the velocity of 400 FPS (feet per second)
- Pro-Series trigger and CNC-Enhanced Aluminum flight rail
- Includes nine-pack of HME Fixed Blade 100 Grain Hunting Broadheads
- Made in the USA
A crisp, 3-pound integrated Pro-Series trigger breaks clean for repeat accuracy at any distance while offering unrivaled versatility in all hunting situations. The combination of the Pro-Series Trigger with CNC-Enhanced Aluminum flight rail, gives you extreme precision and downrange accuracy, producing consistent shot-after-shot.
The mid-positioned design enables faster trigger pulls and easier control. Furious Pro 9.5 crossbow package also includes a free nine-pack of HME Fixed Blade 100 Grain Hunting Broadheads.
Of all the best crossbows under $700 this model has one of the cleanest trigger pulls.
The Invader 400 is one of Wicked Ridge’s most powerful and fastest shooting crossbow, and a huge leap forward in crossbow speed, accuracy, and performance. This premium crossbow features a built-in ACUDRAW Cocking Device that reduces the draw weight of the crossbow by 50%.
With a peak draw weight of 185 pounds, the Invader 400 crossbow shoots an arrow at a blistering speed of 400 FPS, 40 feet per second faster than its predecessor.
Its Pro-View 3x Scope offers maximum accuracy and a crisp sight picture. Fully coated optics produce excellent low light performance for a budget scope. Features 3 crosshairs and four dots calibrated for up to 50 yards, perfect for targeting deer and other game animals in low light conditions.
- A powerful and fastest shooting crossbow.
- Its Length is 35.5″ and Width (axle-to-axle) is 15″ (Cocked), and 19″ (Uncocked)
- A 6 lbs. crossbow having a draw weight of 185 lbs
- Built-in ACUDRAW Cocking Device reduces draw–weight by 50%
- Shoots arrows at the velocity of 400 FPS, 40 feet per second faster than the previous model
- ProView 3x Scope, features three crosshairs and four dots calibrated for up to 50 yards
- Comes with a quiver and 3 XX75 arrows in the package
At only 15.5′ long and 35′ wide, it rides in vehicles easily and maneuvers into tight places. The Wicked Ridge Invader 400 comes with a quiver and 3 XX75 arrows in the package. All these features make it perfectly designed for any hunter. As an all around crossbow hunting package in the best crossbows under $700 category, this option is tough to beat!
CenterPoint Archery CP400 Crossbow AXCV200TPK Powered By Helicoil Technology – Package Includes Cocking Sled, Quiver And Arrows, Camo
The CenterPoint CP 400 Crossbow is a compound crossbow that is lightweight, easy to shoot and delivers pinpoint accuracy for hunting and target practice.
The CenterPoint CP400 features CNC-machined cam system with Heli coil technology, compact size and a super-strong adjustable stock. The CP400 has an aluminum rail and innovative folding stirrup. It shoots arrows at speeds up to 400 feet per second and has a 6″ width axle-to-axle when fully loaded, providing 142 fpe kinetic energy for powerful knockdown shots.
This crossbow comes with a five-year Limited Warranty, three 20-inch Carbon arrows, quick-detach quiver, 3×32 mm illuminated scope, Anti-Dry Fire / Auto Safety and a 3-Way Bipod, Rest for easy cocking, aiming and shooting.
- Lightweight, easy to shoot and delivers pinpoint accuracy.
- CNC-machined cam system with Heli coil technology, aluminum rail and innovative folding stirrup
- Its Length is 31.75″ and Width (axle-to-axle) is 6″ (fully drawn)
- A 7.1 lbs. crossbow having a draw weight of 200 lbs
- Shoots arrows at the velocity of 400 FPS (feet per second faster) and142 fpe kinetic energy for powerful knockdown
- Anti-Dry Fire / Auto Safety, 3×32 mm illuminated scope and a 3-Way Bipod
- It comes with a five-year Limited Warranty, three 20-inch Carbon arrows
The best crossbows under $700 are definitely fast and accurate enough to put meat on the table and head mounts on the wall.
While you’re not getting the top-end optics and blistering fast speeds of some of the more expensive models, $700 can buy a lot of crossbow for the money.
When maintained well and properly taken care of these crossbows also hold their value well. So when it comes time to upgrade you can always sell your crossbow as a used unit and pony up the cash towards a pricier model with more bells and whistles.